BIG Game? No BIG Winterfest

I am a little late to the party.  It has taken me a solid week to sit down and talk about my adventure at Winterfest.  Not sure if it's even worth a read any more since everyone's attention had shifted to some football game going on in the capital.  Hope everyone down in Indianapolis is enjoying themselves.

My wife and I made the trek from Northwest Indiana to experience all that is Winterfest.  We were given the opportunity to enjoy the NFL Experience but I had an intent focus on the task at hand: beer.  My wife, Michelle, not being a beer drinker, truly surprised me with how many she sampled and how great it made the day having her with me.

I am not going to draw this entry out as there is only so much about Winterfest you can hear, but I echo the sentiments of my fellow bloggers.  The experience was phenomenal.  The amount of new brewers opening shop is awe inspiring but on the heels of the news of Bee Creek closing, we are reminded that there is a tremendous amount of time and money needed to keep the craft beer movement going.  Let's remember to support the little guy who brews as much as the more popular brands.

With that thought in mind, it was truly amazing to taste the home brewed beers.  Thanks to those who quickly assembled and provided their offerings. 

One prevailing theme as we progress on the craft beer train is the emergence of barrel beers.  It's amazing how the industry in America is coming full circle.  I was reminded of the Miller Brewery tour where the guests are taken to the old caves where barrels of High Life used to be stored as the yeast worked its magic.  Some of the best barrel beers are in limited supply, mostly due to the amount of storage space needed to accommodate them.  As their popularity continues to grow, maybe brewers will make the efforts to produce more of them.  If not, I'm always good with an American Pale Ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment