Hoosier Beer Geek's 5th Anniversary Party

If you are fan of festivals such as the Indiana Microbrewers' festival,
then you would've loved going to the Hoosier Beer Geek's 5th Anniversary Party. 

From 6pm - 11pm this past Saturday, Sun King Brewery's Tasting room opened their doors to 150 people in celebration of the team that continues to inform the masses, support the festivals and amuse beer lovin' Hoosiers. 

I was very happy to be 1 out of the 150 in attendance. 

Shortly after the party started (or fashionably late), I proudly walked in with my yellow Beer Knee Highs and Bier Brewery shirt and received a warm welcome from Rodney, Gina and other Hoosier Beer Geek associates at the door.  Thanks to the power of the Internets and Twitter, I was recognized as the new reporter for IndianaBeer.com. (which made me quite ecstatic to be "known" )

I was handed a one of a kind pint glass with an HBG5 logo on one side and Sun King Brewery on the other along with 5 red tickets for 5- 16oz pours of delicious beer of my choice. The glass is also how I was able to get unlimited samples of the 30+ beers available. Lastly I was also given a raffle ticket for the prize drawing to be take place later in the evening. 

Now, Ok.. I know you all are thinking enough with the small stuff.. Let's get to the beer! 

Out of the 30+  beers available, I actually only sampled 10 beers and used three of my pint tickets. Of course you make think.. in 5 hours that is not enough beer, well my friends.. let's just say the team behind the taps, were more than generous with their samples. 

In numerical order.. the beers of my night were:
Stone Brewing Co. - Sublimely Self Righteous Ale 
Brugge Brasserie - SuperKitty Fantastico!
Thr3e Wise Men Brewing CompanyHoosier Beer Geek Double Brown
Barley Island Brewing CompanyBarrel-Fermented Rust Belt Porter 
RAM BreweryBjava Disorder Porter
The St. Louis Brewing Company aka Schlafly
Raspberry Coffee Stout
 Sun King - A Few More Hops 
Flat12 Bierwerks -  Nunmoere Black 
Founders - Cerise
Upland Brewing Company -  Mother's Milk

 
The pint winners were:
 The RAM's Bjava Disorder Porter -
 a well blended mix of B-Java coffee beans and the RAM's Total disorder porter
The best of two worlds Coffee & Beer
Brugge Brasserie's SuperKitty Fantastico! - 
a barrel aged tripel, 
which surprised me because my tripel experience always has me comparing the beer to bananas
Upland Brewing Company's Mother's Milk -
a creamy malty milk stout
I'm a sucker for stouts

All the samples were fantastic and even though Founders and Schlafly are not Indiana beers, I highly suggest going and sampling the Founders - Cerise and the Schlafly - Raspberry Coffee Stout if you can, especially if you like a small fruit like sensation in your brew. 

In addition to all the beer goodness, Papa Roux  spiced up the night with make your own po-boys and cheesy etouffee.

As the beer clock ticked towards the end of the night.. Jason from HBG held a raffle. Some raffle winners won Hoosier Beer Geek wears or local brewery goods. Some lucky people took home growlers!  This gal was given a t-shirt from Triton Brewing Company from a winner for her beer shirt collection. 

Other highlights of the evening was meeting Jim and Jason from HBG, talking with Tara and others from Bier Brewery and interacting with many of my fellow beer aficionados.. which that part was mostly due to my socks. 

All in all a very good night for beer indeed!


And in closing I want to say:
Thank you Hoosier Beer Geek & Sun King for a fun night and I look forward to HBG6!







1 comment:

Dave Tohtz said...

super kitty fantastico... I'd like to meet you just to smell your breath and relive whatever may be left of the super kitty.

Post a Comment