I Dug into Indiana at Dig-IN

The second annual Dig-IN at White River State Park  this past Sunday was my first experience at a combined food, wine, and beer festival. 

For $20 in advance.. attendees were able to have unlimited samples of beer, wine, artisans goods and with a passport, one sample from each of the chefs, with 5 bonus picks.  As a volunteer.. I shared about 3 1/2 hours of my time and received this for free. (hint, hint.. I highly suggest volunteering next year) 

There was more wineries to sample than breweries.. However I was able to sample from the following: 

Black Swan Brew Pub - A newly brewed Cream Stout.  First I was surprised, because I didn't know that Black Swan was brewing a Cream Stout, but the cold malty brew was very rich and satisfying, with the right touch of sweetness. 

Barley Island - Flat Top Wheat - pretty smooth wheat beer.   I go back and forth on wheat beers. This is a year-round staple at Barley Island, usually served with a lemon. I think the lemon helps the flavor profile of the beer. 

Flat 12 Bierwerks - Pogue's Run Porter. I have a growler of this at home already, but why pass up a good thing? 

Most of the breweries were in the beer tent for sales. If you bought a Dig-IN pint glass you got a free refill from one of the breweries.  My beer of this summer has been Harvey from Brugge Brasserie . A sour ale brewed with fresh blackberries. I had my first taste of Harvey at the Bloomington Brew Fest in June and have made many trips to Brugge Brasserie for more.  So of course I had to get a pint of Harvey when I saw it was available at Dig-IN:

The food and wine available was also very delicious. Even though there was 25 options for food, I was full after about 10! The wineries also gave away Dig-IN wine glasses with samples. 

All in all.. Dig-IN was a great experience to try new cuisine, support Indiana, and I hope to see all of you next year on August 26th for the 3rd annual Dig-IN

No comments:

Post a Comment