Here's what we found out at the organizer's meeting yesterday:
Food at the Festival (Saturday, July 18) will be from Dick's Bodacious Barbeque, King David Dogs, Markos Pizza, and Yats.
Two buses are coming up from Louisville with stops at BBC brewpub and New Albanian. Lunch, tickets, transportation for $85 total. contact
No dunk tank this year but there's one more tent planned along with a semi-truck spouting 22 taps of IPA. "some of the names are Abita Jockamo, Atwater Salvation, Avery Hog Heaven, Maharaja, and IPA, Boulevard Brewery Double Wide, Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree, Dogfish 120, Flying Dog Double Dog, Harpoon Leviathan IPA, Lost Coast Indica, North Coast Red Seal, Rogue Double Dead Guy, Victory Hop Wallop, and many more to be named later."
Also, there will be Hop Demonstrations by Anita Johnson, and an Education table by Ron Smith to answer any questions you may have about beer.
Preceding the Indiana Microbrewers Festival, a 5-course VIP Dinner under the tents will provide a more intimate setting to enjoy pairings from some talented people. Friday, July 17 at Opti-park. 6pm. $40. Tickets (limit of 240) are available at Brugge Brasserie and Broad Ripple Brewpub and probably at the door.
- Eviche (that's a fancy word for appetizer) – Upland beer paired with food from Dan Orr of Farm Bloomington.
Addenda: "It's ceviche numbnuts. Fish that has a bunch of acid (lemons) added that denature the proteins. Basically makes the fish 'cooked' without heat." - Ted Miller.
- Charcuterie (huh?) – Brugge beer paired with food from Chris Ely of Goose, the Market.
- Bistro – Barley Island beers paired with food from Regina Mahallick of R.Bistro. Grilled Indiana tomato and mushroom pizza with Sheet Metal Blonde Wit.
- Main – Lafayette and Broad Ripple beers paired with food from Greg Hardesty formerly of H2O Sushi and Elements.
- Desert – Three Floyds and New Albanian beers paired with food from (we believe) Albert Trevino of Rene's Bakery.
Addenda: For a more complete look at the menu, see Jason's post.