Indiana gets three medals at the NHC

The National Homebrew Competition has found some good beer from Indiana:

Brian Steuerwald Brownsburg
(FBI)
Gold Bock - Eisbock 155 entries
John Morrical Indianapolis
(FBI)
Silver Belgian & French Ale -
Belgian Specialty Ale
334 entries
Jim Matt Indianapolis
(MECA)
Bronze Porter - Robust Porter 226 entries

Here are some shots of the FBI crew from Scott Courtney. more pictures

0906-AHA-Judging

 

0906-AHA-Judging2

 

0906-AHA-FBI3The FBI in their dress-up clothes.

0906-AHA-FBI

 

0906-AHA-BrianSteuerwald

Gold Medalist Brian and Starla Steuerwald

Addenda:

OK, I have to tell this story. Last week when I flew out to San Francisco, there was no problem when I checked in for my flight. Then, after several days of twittering about the "FBI", having fake badges and handcuffs, as well as various items with the FBI logo on them, laying around my hotel room, and then organizing a group of people all dressed up and pretending to be FBI agents, etc., I'm suddenly on the real FBI's "Watch List". Coincidence ???

Now, it is probably just my common name, Ron Smith, but after pretending to be an FBI agent and sending out lots of tweets with the word FBI in them, it certainly makes one wonder (in a humorous way of course).

Anyway, the lady at the airline check-in counter just asked me some additional questions and looked me up in some special database and everything was fine. Apparently they only found out I was guilty of making average homebrew and having a cheesy FBI agent costume, neither of which pose a threat to national security.

Cheers,
Ron Smith

Addenda 2: There's now video of Brian's win on YouTube.

Addenda 3: This is the second win for Brian's EisBock. Back in January it won the FBI's only annual competition - the "Heavy Hydrometer Award".

No comments:

Post a Comment