The 1st annual “Beers Across the Wabash” takes place this coming weekend, August 25th, from Noon to 4pm across the scenic
Bridge in downtown Lafayette.
Breweries confirmed so far include:
Back Road; Barley Island; Big Dawg; Black Swan; Bloomington; Broad Ripple; Brugge; Bulldog; Crown; Cutters; Figure Eight; Flat 12; Fountain Square; Four Horsemen; Half Moon; Lafayette; Mad Anthony; New Albanian; Oaken Barrel; Peoples; Rock Bottom- College Park; Sun King; Three Pints; Triton; and Upland.
So, in the spirit of David Letterman and Nigel Tufnel, I present you with my list for coming to
Top 11 Reasons for Attending “Beers Across the
11. Great beers from
10. Fantastic view from the pedestrian bridge across the
9. The possibility exists of a bald eagle sighting or two. Beer and bald eagles, not a bad Saturday in my opinion
8. You can someday tell your great-grandchildren that you were at the very 1st Beers Across the Wabash
7. Because the possibility of a 2nd annual Beers Across the Wabash may very well depend on YOU!
6. Lots of great establishments for delicious craft beer within walking distance after the event.
5. You can visit the newly expanded taproom @ People’s Brewing
4. You’re within walking distance of enjoying a Drought Buster IPA or Battleground IIPA @ Lafayette Brewing Co.
3. Make it a weekend and enjoy the Uptown Jazz & Blues Fest downtown from 5pm to midnight
2. You have an open invitation to, when encountering yours truly, tell me to my face how lousy of a blogger I am while I nod and hang my head in shame
1. Did I happen to mention all of the great breweries that will be in attendance?
Tickets are available at the Lafayette Brewing Co., People’s Brewing, all area Village Bottle Shoppe locations, and at the website: http://www.beersacrossthewabash.com/
“Let no man thirst for lack of Real Ale.”