Indiana Beer News - December 13

Shopping must trump beer this weekend as there's nothing on the IndianaBeer calendar.
  • Tues: Thr3e Wise Men tapping of Mount Crumpet Christmas Ale. 6pm
  • Wed: NABC night at The Sinking Ship, Indy. 7pm+
  • Thurs: Sun King Sink the Clipper tapping. 6-9pm. 
  • Thurs: Bell's night at Constant Spring, Goshen
  • Thurs: New Belgium tasting. Kahn's Keystone. Indy. 4:30-6pm
  • Fri: Teddy Bear Kisses RIS tapping at Upland tap room, Indy. 6pm
  • Fri: Tapping of Java Disorder at Ram's Ugly Sweater Party
    Fri: New Belgium tasting. Kahn's Downtown Indy. 4:30-6pm
Mike Pope of the BCCA tells us the 2013 Canvention has been awarded to Ft. Wayne. Don't know a date yet but is usually late August.

Jay Brooks has been posting stats on each state (beerwise) on his blog. Finally got to Indiana. Pretty complete links list to breweries. Does have Oyster Bar and Wilbur. But we hadn't heard of Danny Boy Beer Works that has a no-info 1-page web site. Anyone know any more?

Three Floyds imported BooGoop will come to Indiana in December. Wait, what? Ok,the FFF/Mikkeller collaboration will be re-imported by Shelton Bros this month from De Proef in Belgium. It's a 10.5% Buckwheat Ale.

Kalamabrew reports that Old Hat Brewery in Lawton, MI is going to close this week.

Here's 90% of what you need to know about growing hops in Michigan. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danny Boy is somehow associated with the Brockway Pub in Carmel. I believe it might be owned/operated by the same person. I am just going by what I see on the permits.

Gites Dordogne said...

Hi you are doing a great job. I found it on your page its really amazing. Thanks for sharing such a valuable information. I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. Thus, you made me feel like I should learn more about this. I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

Post a Comment