1139 Shelby St.
No phone yet.
1) It’s not in the Tuxedo Park neighborhood.
2) It’s not a brewery. It’s a homebrew shop.
Adam and Jason Burk and Brent Chapman have been brewing for a long time now. Economy bad? Laid off? Time to open a homebrew shop. There’s a garage available in Fountain Square. Never mind that it fronts the alley east of Shelby St. Never mind that they have to build the shop around a Mustang. Just do it.
Right now they’re sorta open. They’re there from 10am-6:30pm Mon through Fri and Saturday from 1am to 5pm. If the customers haven’t heard about them yet, there’s a lot of construction, setup, inventory work and even some brewing to do.
Why would you go to Tuxedo Park rather than Great Fermentations?
1) They’re on the south side. Or at least on your way from downtown to the south side.
2) They will produce vessels, weld fittings, make cuts, etc.
3) Their emphasis is all-grain brewing. No kits on the shelves (although some liquid malt will be around for partial grain folks).
4) No bottles either. Take the labels off some Sam Adams. They know the extra $1 is better spent on ingredients.
5) There’s a boar’s head over the counter.
Free classes start Sat, Feb 19 at 1pm with a beginner class. They plan to have a class on some topic every other week. Male an RSVP if you will.