IndianaBeer.com Survey recap

Anonymous,

Thanks for the 4 comments to Cindy’s post earlier in the month. Now it’s time to reply.

-- This is a great resource, and I always like seeing an update in my RSS reader.

Thanks. Getting updates via RSS feeds are the bomb. I use Google Reader to show posts at about 60 blogs from DUI Blog to Potable Curmudgeon. It even brings all news from anywhere that includes the words Indiana and Beer without the word Artest (easy to set up with Google News).

-- I would like to see more "valid" reviews about the new beer releases. If these new beer releases are just a notification, then that is fine but they are always accompanied by a short review that is inevitably positive or super positive. I would like to think that every IN brewery is making fantastic beer all the time, but I know that is not true. We need to hold IN breweries accountable to make the best quality beer and that will help every one. . . Occasionally I can read between the lines on the reviews ex-sulfur taste in a lager= not so good, and I know you don't want breweries to hate or fear this resource, but I would enjoy a little more honesty.

Yeah. It’s a constraint we live by. We’re sort of the home town shopping paper that isn’t going to take sides in the local election. Beers really get panned completely but probably less than 10 beers we’ve tried this year were really poorly made. An A+ in the review indicates a really superior beer. There were about 2 dozen of these in 2010.

-- Also please keep homebrew related articles and announcements coming.

Brian and Greg gotta get their blogger hats on more often.

-- The only thing I would change is add twitter. I know Bob is at many events and it would be good to get twitter updates on events in case I miss one on the calendar.

Twitter isn’t in the plans right now. No fancy phone access to say “Hdng frm Ram to RBDntwn for a Blitzen”.

I refer to the calendar all the time to make plans. (drives my wife nuts). It’s available on better phones at http://www.indianabeer.com/calendar.html

Thanks for the feedback.

Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment