This week in stuff to do (more at www.indianabeer.com/calendar.html)
- Thurs, Sept 29 - Fest of Fall Beers. Keg Liquors, Clarksville. 6-9pm. $0
- Sat, Oct 1 - BeerMBA Class. Carmel. 2-5:30pm
- Sat, Oct 1 - Thunderfoot release day. New Albanian. Today only. $15/22oz.
- Sat, Oct 1 - Taste of Germany. Rathskeller, Indy.
- Sat, Oct 1 - Oktoberfest, Upland, Bloomington. All day.
- Sat, Oct 1 - Bell's extravaganza. Dash-In, Ft. Wayne.
- Sat, Oct 1 - Cask Conditioned Crown Brown release. Crown Brewing, Crown Point.
The Beer Is Good blog is good. Andy's latest post is about last weekend's Brew at the Zoo in South Bend.
Here's the word on Uplands next sour - Sour Reserve. Coming out next month.
Bier Brewery and Taproom says "This Friday we are expecting to take delivery of some new equipment that will enable us to eventually double our production over the next few months"
Kahn's has Rochefort 10 in 6-packs for $6.49.
Crown Liquors is opening a new store in Noblesville. (US 32 & River Rd.) They hare having a Grand Opening on Oct 8th. 1-4pm with a party and prizes.
Reuters reports AB-InBev is looking to buy SABMiller for $80 billion. It'll probably cost almost that much to get the US, EU, and other anti-trust agencies to approve the deal.
"Greece has been one of the countries hardest hit by the beer recession. Annual per capita consumption fell to 36 liters from 41 liters from 2008 to 2010, while employment in the beer industry plunged 15 percent." NY Times article
Your mass of beer at the Oktoberfest will be only 75% full. article
Guinness Black Lager. It's coming.